Building Maintenance System
28 buildings are using this system so far.
Every job that is required by the building manager is sent to the company of choice (or a default one of certain type). The companies are also created within the system with the unique ID and the password.
There are four types of users altogether: super admin, building manager, level manager and company, each of those having an unique login and password, allowing them to see portions of the site, with super user having see every single thing and the building manager and company being limited to view just enough.
Note: the working demo of this project can be accessed here
- Four panels operating on one core
- Each company can be listed in various jobs, i.e. plumbing, security, electrical by use of simple a check box, and thus be assigned to a specific job type
- When a new job is entered to the system, either by Department Manager or the Super User, the System automatically assigns it to a company that is registered for this type of job. If there are more than one company the Super User can select one of his/her choice. In both cases a "Confirmation Required" email is sent to the company
- Jobs can be exported (in .csv format) based on their status: All, Pending, Closed etc.
- Two separate legal permits are required by each company: Public Liability and Worker's Comp. I had programmed a Cron Job to check, on daily basis, if any of those two expires. If so, the auto-emails are being sent, 14, 7 and 3 days prior to the expiration date
- Building Manager can send bulk emails to Dept. Managers, Companies or both with one click only
Default view, with all the jobs listed. There are actually four (-4) different views:
1. Super User
2. Building Manager
3. Department Manager
Each view is limited to display only necessary information
Manage Companies. Bold X in front of the company name indicates one (or both) of required legal permissions is out of date.
The system checks on daily basis (via a cron job) if any of those two expires. If so, the auto-emails are being sent, 14, 7 and 3 days prior to the expiration date
Job Details. Here everybody involved can communicate with each other using the message box.
Super User and Building Manager can see all posts, while the comments section has a restricted view for a Departament Manager and a Company, depanding on the recipient of the mail
Job Details. The company can only see restricted info as well as restricted comment. Everything that was posted by the Dept. Manager is hidden from the Company
To view a small video demo based on the project above, please watch this video.
- Skills used: